VyOS OVA image for VMware is including cloud-init guest operating system customization allowing users to modify a bunch of parameters during VM creation. Here are the basic steps of VyOS OVA installation on VMware:
1. Choose “Create/Register VM”
2. Choose “Deploy a virtual machine from an OVF or OVA file”
3. Provide VM name and select your VyOS OVA image
4. Select storage where the VM will be stored
5. Choose deployment options with desired parameters
6. In the additional settings you can provide cloud-init parameters for the VM. Note that the default username is “vyos” and the “Password” or “Public key” fields are mandatory for successful logging into the system. This provides better security and prevents systems from using the default well-known passwords.
7. Finish the VM creation process and wait until the system is loaded. After that, you’ll be able to see the login invitation and can use your pre-defined password